|Font and Image|
Use these options to specify how to convert the fonts and images in your documents into PDF. The file size of your output PDF is largely determined by the options you choose in this dialog box.
True Type Font Embedding
Embed as Type 0 Font
- Use this option only if you have non-standard fonts, like Barcode font.
Note: Non-Roman fonts are always embedded as Type 0 font regardless of this option.
- If you select "Don't substitute fonts", then no substitution will be made for TrueType fonts used in the document.
- If you select "Use font substitution table", then substitutions will be made according to the table under the "Device Settings" section of the easyPDF Printer properties (can be found in the Control Panel).
- If you select "Use PDF's built in fonts", then Type 1 fonts will be substituted for all TrueType fonts.
Selecting this option will reduce resolution of any images to the dpi value displayed and can greatly reduce the size of the resulting PDF file. If the actual image resolution in your original document is less than the downsize value, easyPDF Printer will not downsize the original image resolution.
Please follow the following guidelines in setting the downsize value:
- For Online Viewing: Set the downsize value to 96 dpi (any image with resolution higher than 96 dpi will be converted to 96 dpi image). This will produce a small PDF file size, suitable for online viewing. At 96 dpi, images in your document will still look acceptable on a computer screen, but will appear somewhat blurry when printed out on paper.
- For Online Viewing and Printing: Set the downsize value to 300 dpi (any image with resolution higher than 300 dpi will be converted into 300 dpi image). In most cases, this will preserve the high resolution images in your original document. The PDF file size will be slightly larger, but the document will look great both on the screen and when printed out on paper.
- For High-Resolution Printing: Turn off the "Downsize image" feature and easyPDF Printer will preserve the original resolution of the images in your document (up to 4000 dpi).
easyPDF Printer offers two compression methods:
Note: The default setting is JPEG compression at 85% quality.