Processing and Manipulating PDF with Java
- PDF page manipulation features, such as Merging, Splitting, Rotating, Deleting, Extracting, Optimizing.
- PDF bookmarking features, such as appending and deleting bookmarks from existing PDF.
- Embed elements inside current PDF, such as note, text, hyperlink, file attachment, custom annotation.
- Get PDF information, such as metadata, page size, rotation, count, version.
- Modify PDF security setting, such as getting signature information, checking encryption, changing password.
- Extract text from PDF.
Sample Project File
This program demonstrates easyPDF SDK ability to merge PDF files.
Usage: java TestProcessor [input file 1] [input file 2] [output file]
public class TestProcessor
public static void main(String args) throws Exception
if (args.length == 3)
File inputFile1 = new File(args);
String inputFileName1 = inputFile1.getCanonicalPath();
File inputFile2 = new File(args);
String inputFileName2 = inputFile2.getCanonicalPath();
File outputFile = new File(args);
String outputFileName = outputFile.getCanonicalPath();
IPDFProcessor pcr = new IPDFProcessor();
pcr.Merge(inputFileName1, inputFileName2, outputFileName);
System.out.println("Usage: java TestProcessor [input file 1] [input file 2] [output file]");
System.out.println("java TestProcessor c:\\input\\f1.pdf c:\\input\\f2.pdf c:\\output\\merge.pdf");
Download Free Trial
For Windows-based systems only
BCL easyPDF SDK is a commercially supported PDF toolkit.
QuickStart PDF Java Video
Watch a QuickStart Video on how to use easyPDF SDK in Windows-based Java Environment.
PDF Java Features
Sample PDF Java Projects and Documentation
- “We use easyPDF SDK technology for PDF conversion and it works very well. We knew BCL is a solid company. We have also looked at several competitors and tried to use their products, but we like easyPDF SDK the best. When we talked to BCL Technologies’ design engineering team, we knew they had the knowledge and confidence to solve our problems.”
Chris Babiasz, MSWireless